Start a new topic

Pre sales support

Hello,

I am interested in Quotewerks and did some research on the website to learn more about the program. I would like to confirm if it is possible make some changes within the section Customizing Columns on the Document Items Tab of the Quote Workbook

To include   %Tax, % Profit, %Overhead, % Bond at the bottom of a quote or invoice to look like the following;
Total:_________ Plus Tax:__________ Subtotal:__________ Overhead:__________ Subtotal:__________ Profit:___________ Grand Total:___________
Each cost category above is calculated progressively by percentages.Example:
Products and Services Total= $100.00
Plus 6% Tax= $6.00 Subtotal= $106.00 Plus 10% Overhead= $10.60 Subtotal = $116.60 Plus 10% Profit = $11.66 Grand Total = $ 128.26

Thank you,
William GartonOperations managerGreat White Construction LLC240-375-6893bill@greatwhiteconstruction.netLicensed and Insured

------------------------

Hi William,

Not within the document items grid currently. However, with the corporate edition of QuoteWerks you can use scripting (this requires a free developer account to be created and signed) to calculate these values and enter them into CustomText or CustomNumber fields that we have available per line item. You can also rename these custom fields by going to View -> Customize Columns and change the name from there.

Also note that we have this Totals area in the Document Items tab:

If you select a single line it will change to show that data for that one line item:

So this calculates some of what you'd like to see already.

I hope this helps!

To view the status of the ticket or add comments, please visit https://tickets.quotewerks.com/helpdesk/tickets/180066

Best Regards,

Mario Lara
QuoteWerks Technical Support, Level 4
QuoteWerks Team Member Since May 2016

------------------------

Thank you Mario,
Could this be considered as a feature to be added.

------------------------

Hi William,

Sure, I'm going to get this ticket flipped over there and you should then be good to go.

To view the status of the ticket or add comments, please visit https://tickets.quotewerks.com/helpdesk/tickets/180066

Best Regards,

Mario Lara
QuoteWerks Technical Support, Level 4
QuoteWerks Team Member Since May 2016

Hi William,

I believe, if I'm understanding correctly, this can be achieved with native QuoteWerks functionality.
I'll attempt to upload a video in a follow-up post, but sometimes the forum doesn't play nicely with videos.

Video (hopefully) attached.

wmv

1 person likes this
Login or Signup to post a comment