Start a new topic

Profit % to Zoho

Hi all

We're moving to Zoho as our CRM and I'm trying to set up a datalink to transfer the Quote Profit % field to Zoho. Ideally to the Zoho GP % field, but I've also tried a custom field. 

If we try to transfer to the Zoho default GP % field, we get an error that implies that Zoho expects a Double data type. This also happens if I use a custom field in Zoho of either Percent or Decimal. 

If I use a Zoho custom field of Number then we don't get an error but the value itself never gets transferred over, we just see a 0 in the new custom field in Zoho. 

Has anyone managed to make this work?

Good choice on Zoho!

Have you tried pushing a QW CustomNumber field (populate the QW field manually to test).
It would be possible to copy the QW Profit % field to a CustomNumber field, if sending a number field works.

I know that the ProfitPercent does show as a field available for datalink, but it's not a field in the QW database .. so that might (possibly/maybe) be a cause for it not going over. 

The 'double data type' bit means it's expecting a decimal. So even if the profit is 25% exactly, it'll want 25.0 (or even 25.00 maybe, I don't know).

Have you tried using a Custom Text field in Zoho?

Hi Steve

I haven't, but only because, as I understand it, using a Text field will prevent me doing calculations against the GP% later on in Zoho. Calcs appear to only work on Number, Decimal, or Percent fields. 

May be wrong, but that's what I seem to be seeing. 

Olly

I'm not a Zoho expert, but as I understand it: it is possible to use Zoho "Deluge" to copy the value of one field to another. Perhaps use QW DataLink to map the QW Profit % to Zoho custom field 'MyCustomProftText" and then Zoho Deluge to copy it from 'MyCustomProftText" to 'MyCustomProftNumber" would work?

(NB: I've successfully done something similar with the QW & Microsoft Dynamics CRM integration.)

Login or Signup to post a comment